April 29, 2011

A field day for Australian Authorities...

Today as I wondered past a chalkboard out the front of the bar that we went to last night, I had to laugh! 'Buy two cocktails and get a shooter for free!' I immediately thought of the people at the Drug and Alcohol Office, in Perth, that I worked with while I was at Fremantle and how they would react to an offer such as this.

That same bar is awesome, it looks like a resort, is aptly named 'elsewhere' and there is a swimming pool, or three, located in the bar, yup that's right folks, have a few drinks and then go for a dip - anyone heard of 'don't drink and drown'.

Last night we went on a boat cruise, the railing on the top level of the boat came up to our knees. I wouldn't want it to get too rocky out there, that's for sure!

I thought all of this was hilarious, and everywhere I look there is stuff like this going on. I think it's going to be hard when I go back to Australia after the year and be told what to do instead of just using your common sense like you have to here.

I was chatting to some of the AYADs last night and they mentioned that there is a Cambodian Cobras Football Club. I think I might get involved in that a little bit, it would be great to travel to Vietnam, Thailand or somewhere to watch a game! At least I finally found some people that can point me in the direction of where I can watch the footy. The Australian Network is also really good for this, they show all of the games over the weekend. All of the AYADs and VIDAs that we met were lovely, it'll be great to get to know some of them better throughout the year. Check out their website, not much content yet?! http://cambodiancobras.com/

Bek and I were recommended a really good hairdresser, Jerome at The French Element, for those that visit Cambodia definately save your hair cuts until you arrive! He's great and very cheap compared to Australian prices.

I went shopping today - people lie if they say that you can't get awesome well made clothes here, I found a beautiful linen, cotton lined work dress and scarf for USD40 at Elsewhere, located just above the bar of the same name.

Anyway, trying to keep these shorter.

Until next time,

Elysse

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment